UMass Lowell will host a free hands-on workshop to learn about building robots and how to include them in your teaching at UMass Lowell. This year we'll also have a new science module on data collection and visualization. The workshop will be held in Olsen Hall on Saturday, November 7, 2009 from 10am-1pm. At this workshop participants will:
* Interact with other teachers who have already used robots.
* Build and program your own robot creature.
* Receive advanced instruction for experienced users.
* Learn about a new science offering on sensors in the classroom
* Receive information about funding opportunities!
Please register by November 1, 2009 by completing and returning the below registration form and reply to robots(at)cs.uml.edu
For more information on robotics programs at UML, please go to www.cs.uml.edu/k12
Please note, if you register you will receive a pre-workshop reminder with directions, about one week prior to the workshop. Please also note that the workshop is designed for teachers and educators (home school parents are welcome). Due to space and time constraints we cannot accommodate children.
Previous experience is not necessary!